The wind came in strong and cold today. It was overcast and windy all day and at one point it rained. It was a gorgeous day.
Having some financial shit happening at the moment - I didn't get a bill and now I have been hit with a payment of almost $1000 and the interest rate jacked up to 32%. Pisses me off. This was the card I was keeping up with and had a lot of debt on to try and pay things off on one card. Now I have to start moving bits and pieces of it to other cards, then back to one card after a while when the interest rates go low again.
Looks like the rest of my Xmas shopping is not going to happen so most people will not be getting anything this year, unless I can craft some stuff from available supplies.
Other shit happening lately - not going to get into it right now.
As it says at the top of my lj: Real life is a bitch and that bitch has been having too many puppies lately...
Because rat's parents really shouldn't drive long distances anymore (they're in Abilene - about 3.5 - 4 hrs depending on how fast you go), it was decided by the sibs to go there for Thanksgiving. That holiday has always been for rat and I alone, with me doing my one big cooking day a year and I have always said if we don't cook that day, I won't cook anything big again. Well, I decided to compromise and said I would cook on Friday so we could go there. And we have to get back Thursday night because rat scheduled a service call with the washer/dryer guy to stop our dryer from sounding like something is trying to escape from it when it runs. (pound pound bang pow)
The digital camera sure has saved on processing fees.
Rat has started Final Fantasy 8. Squall looks like a girl when it goes into fight mode and it zooms in on him. We are used to seeing his Kingdom Hearts face - so it's funny. He doesn't look like that during the cut-scenes, but still - girly man!
We have watched the first five eps of Death Note and enjoyed it.
And a bit of good news - the Saiyuki pillbox showed up - stashed in the bag I took to the last doll meetup.
Dear Santa...
Dear Santa,
This year I've been busy!
Last Saturday I ruled Canada as a kind and benevolent dictator (700 points). Last Thursday I helped senoritafish see the light (8 points). Last Tuesday I didn't flush (-1 points). In January I caught a purse-snatcher who stole cyntigre's purse (30 points). In February I saved a busload of nuns in Angola (326 points).
Overall, I've been nice (1063 points). For Christmas I deserve All the Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls I have on my Wish List!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*